View Single Post
      04-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

MSR Intake Installed - Stunning! [PIC]

I sent my MSR intake off to JetHot earlier this month to get ceramic coated and polished. I got it back Friday so naturally I had to dig in this weekend and install it. George's instructions were great and he took my phone calls over the weekend on specific questions (even on Sunday). World class customer service!

The install is a bit tricky where the pipes meet the 90 degree elbow but once you get done with the first side the next side goes quickly (as with anything you do the first time). The removal of Gruppe and install of MSR took me 3.5 hours. A solid hour of the time was fussing with the pipe meeting the 90 degree bend (this is obviously the trickiest part). I am sure some of you guys can get it done much quicker but I take my time doing things vs. rushing through it.

The outcome is beautiful and simply looks "badass" in the engine bay. I am going to remove my charge pipes and send them in to be coated as well (they are still bare aluminum).

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0