View Single Post
      04-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #22
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Alpine White is probably my second favorite color behind Carbon Black. The white is slightly easier to keep clean than the CB, but CB is an M-exclusive color and is not nearly as common as white.

Honestly, as a performance car, the car is great at the base level. Not many of the options (exceptions: xDrive, ARS, M Sport - and these are still personal preferences rather than objectively improving the car) make any difference in the car's performance. Once you get the car and feel the power of it and start having some fun, you won't care about the fact that you have aluminum controls or maybe you should've picked white.

Yes, there are times when I think dynamic cruise control would be nice now or I wish I had gotten DAP rather than just HUD so I can see how close I am to a curb or the plastic speaker covers look cheap compared to the B&O, and the sound may not be quite as good.

At the end of the day, I'm still in love with my car and don't care about not having those options. When I think about the fact that I started looking at an E550 coupe I really can't complain about anything. This car is $40k more, but it is definitely worth every penny and don't care that I didn't put a $5500 sound system in it and don't have 5 cameras on the car.
Appreciate 0