View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Thought I'd create my own thread on here to showcase modifications and talk about my car! I've owned a few E90's, an F30 and also an F10 - I spent most of my time over on F30 Post.

(Apologies in advance as I know I'll waffle on)

Bit of background... My previous car was an F30 335d and it was great, bonus of it being x drive too! Only thing was I found it a bit on the small side in the cabin but the engine made up for it. I considered an F10 535d but after driving a few, it just didnt feel wow (strange as I loved my first F10). My wife suggested looking at the F06. I don't know why I didn't think of it... After looking at a few I'd made my mind up it was the car I wanted! I was all set to buy one but on close inspection, the driver side seat leather was all worn and that put me straight off.

I told myself to wait and the right car will come along. After a few weeks it did! Soon as I saw it on BMW AUC website, it was the one I was after. It had a few extras that I wasn't bothered about but coming from a very well specced F30, There was a few things that was a must. There seem to be very few 640d's with HUD and SLI.

I'm glad I've found the perfect car for me. It makes me smile everytime I get in it. My F10 gave me the same feeling, but this was something the F30 was missing - that wow factor. Feel great to be back in a RWD

Spec:

Heated Front Seats
Ext. Folding Mirrors
20" 373M Alloys
Sun Protection Glass
Harman Kardon System
M Sport Plus Package
Pro Navigation System
Electric/Memory Seats
Digital Cockpit
Ceramic Control Finish
Heated Rear Seats
Electric Glass sunroof
Wireless Charging
BMW Icon adaptive LED headlights
Head-up Display
High-beam Assistant
Reversing Assist camera
Speed Limit Information/Display
Variable Damper Control (VDC)
Comfort Access

I've already started the modifications:

- 12mm and 15mm Eibach Spacers
- Celtic Tuning Remap

Future Mods planned:

- Michelin pilot 4S tyres
- Maxton front splitter
- Maxton side blades
- Maxton side rear diffuser/blades
- M6 style double slat grill
- M6 style boot spoiler
- Tinted rear lights and reflectors
- Tinted Front Window
- De-chrome door handle trim
- De-chrome wing/fender trim
- LED reverse bulbs
- Eibach lowering springs (not sure how it affects VDC)
- 20" Borbet GTX alloys or similar

Few pics after a well needed wash earlier:
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black

Last edited by Junebug85; 01-05-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
clee1982797.50