southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetWellSoon View Post
souther I REALLY hope this car is as amazing as you make it seem, you seem to be really obsessed with it =] Because I'm a little afraid it wont feel like a $1000 a month car to me
I think obsessed is a bit of an understatement lol.

Idk how the "$1000 a month" feeling compares to the "dropping $100,000 on a car" feeling I had, but it's probably pretty similar. I think the car is worth the price. It is hefty, and logic says it is over priced as it is $10,000 more than a 750Li similarly equipped. The overall experience of this car is what you pay for. It really is the best overall road car in the BMW lineup for less than the price of an M6. The M3 and M5 are technically better performance cars, I can't/won't deny that, but those cars don't have the same level of luxury, style, and exclusivity.

The key options, in my opinion, that are required to justify the $100k price point (that rivals a 911, XKR, and CL550 if enough options are added) are:

1. M Sport Package - primarily for the exhaust (most important feature, IMO), alcantara headliner, and M steering wheel; aerodynamic body panels are just lagniappe.
2. LED Headlights - these look unique and set the car apart from everything else on the road today.
3. Leather Dash with Contrast Stitching +/- black ceramic controls - this makes the interior feel like it is dripping in high quality leather and shiny black knobs. The interior moves up to Aston territory for the low, low price of $2,150 (sum of both options).

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with 6ers that lack these options... these are just the things that justify the steep price to me. If I didn't check these options, then I'd probably get an M3 because that car is just so much fun. I'd take the $30k I saved and take it out on the track from time to time. The 650i, although not quite as fun as an M3, is a better daily road car and is less common.
Appreciate 0