03-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by acracr View Post
On Friday, I placed an order for a M6 GC for delivery in late may/early june. I have a 2009 M6 convertible in carbon black with rust brown interior which we will keep for sunny summer weekends.

Since carbon black was not available for the GC, I had to find something new. I considered saphire black with platin or champagne interior, but found that it hides the nice lines of the GC too much. Sakhir orange looks great (I saw a coupe in that colour), but it is too "loud" for me as I will use the car to drive to the office. I like moonstone, but on the M6 i found it somewhat too soft, as it shows a golden glow in direct sunlight. The M5 I had for a test drive (no M6 was available) was in singapore grey: an interesting colour, it shows black, green or grey depending on the lightning conditions. However, it also hides the lines of the car like even more than black and looks somewhat "old" if dirty, e.g after a rain shower, which happens often here in Germany.

In the end, I ordered the car in frozen silver like I saw it the first time on the Geneva car show a year ago. The car in Geneva had a cohiba brown interior which I found somewhat dark. So I went for silverstone with carbon fibre trim which should match the frozen silver quite well. I will post some pics when I get the car.

I know, color choices are always subjective, but what were your thoughts when you made your decision?
Without a doubt I would go Singapore Grey on M6GC....Perfect color for that car...