View Single Post
      02-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #80
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

To answer WhiteWalker post
Incorrect my PayPal account was never flagged, please be more cautious what information you speculate on.

Next I was going out of town on business and the buyer wanted the exhaust immediately. I was willing to wait to pick it up in person and accommodate your schedule, you refused.

Not meeting them in person is relevant as I paid for shipping and had it delivered to him the very next day. Let alone the inherent risks of meeting a stranger in person for a high dollar cash transaction. Yes you did pay for shipping, however had you asked me to meet you in any public place for safety/security reasons, I would have gladly done that.

There was ample opportunity and ample reasonable methods to going about his review of the condition of the system when it arrived and contact me with issues. That's exactly what I did, the moment I discovered the first issue, I called you immediately and you told me you were with clients, however you had the time to text but didn't want to talk over the phone. What other reasonable methods would there be? Are you referring to ME actually testing the valves myself to make sure the valves worked? If so, WHO does that? I took your word that everything was in working condition.

Anyone who doesn't see why my attitude shifted to where this today towards this buyer i can't help.

It's pretty funny how when the buyer was in the driver seat with the PayPal claims over my head there was a shift in his attitude from that point until where he is now, interesting you don't reference that. He was unwilling to speak negotiate or discuss coming to a mutual resolution. There was no shift in my attitude, I let PayPal do their thing, but obviously they are not always right. They only ruled in your favor because the exhaust wasn't returned to you. I was unwilling to speak to come to a resolution? Is that a joke? I called you multiple times and you always dodged my calls, so don't say that I was unwilling....it was YOU that was unwilling to do so.

He wanted to leverage the maximum amount of damage on me for as long as he could anticipating he would win his claims with PayPal, and they didn't find in his favor at all! Not true, I wasn't leveraging anything on you. I wanted you to just pay me what you owed me to get it to working advertised condition and thats it.

He could've returned it and didn't, he took a supposedly non functioning exhaust to go get it painted and installed for his use. Why? Because you told me you were going to cover the cost to repair it, plus I wanted the exhaust. I would have also had the cost of shipping it back to you, since you probably wouldn't have met up with me anyway to get it back.

You can post direct quotes from our private conversations all you want but please paraphrase it better by saying as I have throughout this entire process I'm going to defend my position and not just roll over. What position do you have to defend? You sold a product that was not as advertised and you wont be a man and take care of the situation amicably.

In our same conversation you though his wire claim was a scam, so why not this?
You also agreed that he lied that I agreed to give him $800 after you saw the context of the conversation.

The buyer knows how to contact me if he wants to talk and I'll leave it at that.
I tried contacting you MULTIPLE times by phone and you always dodge phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
No I didn't think he lied about you giving him the 800. That's clear in your texts he posted. And your PayPal was flagged - you said you couldn't get paid until you had a delivery receipt. My PayPal doesn't require that and neither does anyone else's I know. You posted a link to the reasons why that is sometimes required and it is because of high risk transactions and a history of complaints. So yes you were flagged for that. And I think he overcharged you for the wire repair - it wasn't a scam. It was clearly damaged out of the box and he has the pictures to prove it.

You can try and justify all you want but the fact remains you sold a non functioning exhaust valve system and refuse to make good on it. Everyone here can see that for themselves. The fact that you continue to try to justify your actions is baffling. Good luck doing business on this website again.

The worst part is, you make it harder for all of is to conduct business. When people like you are out there selling damaged good and refusing to live up to your responsibilities it makes it harder for those of us selling and it makes buyers leery. That drives down the cost of goods and drives up the risk. People like you are why credit card fees and PayPal fees are high - because they have to spend money resolving ridiculous claims by people trying to scam others. So you cost all of us money through actions like this.

You should just man up and take care of this mess you have made.

Please don't bother to respond anymore, unless it's to tell us that you took care of things with the buyer. I've wasted entirely too much time thinking I could help you two out.
Thank you for pointing this out to the seller.

He needs to realize that he should man up and do the right thing.

Last edited by Zack G.; 02-16-2017 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 1