02-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #78
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
After trying to help these two resolve the situation it will have to go to court, as Whitewalker is unwilling to do what he should do.

He clearly sold Zack a non functioning valve system, he essentially acknowledges it and at one point offered to pay for it to be repaired, but now refuses to participate in resolving the case and in his own words "mentally I've already lost that money 10 times already. If I lose $800 in court, so be it, but I'll make sure that no matter what he does he throws good money after bad to get it."

Hard to reason with someone who has an attitude like that. Based on my review, Zack will easily win this court case and get a judgment for his costs and fees in addition to the 800. And he should do so. Then he can attach Whitewalker wage's, seize his bank accounts, have the sheriff seize his car, or whatever else it takes to satisfy the judgment.

The estimate Zack has clearly states the valves are severely corroded. That didn't happen in shipping, and it didn't happen over night. The fact that whitewalker refused to meet personally to sell the exhaust is telling. It is reasonable to infer that he didn't want to meet in person because the buyer might discover that the valves weren't functional and that the wire was cut.

The fact that the seller's paypal account was already flagged for a high degree of risk is also telling.

Anyone thinking about a transaction involving whitewalker should read this thread thoroughly.

This thread should be a model to people of how not to conduct sales of items on the internet.
Thank you for trying to help us amicably resolve this. I wanted everyone to know the situation on this forum so that they don't go through something similar.
Appreciate 0