View Single Post
      12-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #287
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
Well, 7 DB's on IR has hurt the defense this year a lot, Perry Fewell insisting that the run a technical D with a patchwork secondary, when he dumbed it down last week they got after the passer, albeit Mark Sanchise who was sacked 5 times and should have been more if not for the Tuck rule and some questionable officiating.
The run game has been horrid due to a patchwork line after Suebert and O'hara were cut after the strike. ELIte has carried the offense this season, which is why he made the pro bowl over Stafford
Yeah but you also have to consider that our D has been pretty awful as well, and the only real difference between this year and last year is the fact that Stafford is healthy.

Just like last year, our secondary is hurt and suck to begin with.
Our front seven are better this year. Linebackers are much improved but the middle of our D-line looks like SHIT and KVB is the worst contain DE I've ever seen.
O-line is the same as last year.
Best is hurt, just like last year and we're down to shit at RB position except when KSmith isn't injured (which is never anyway).
Pettigrew nets obscene amounts of negative yardage through penalties and gets a bad case of the drops all the damn time.
Burleson seems to think it's worthy of celebration every time he doesn't fumble and/or gets a first down.

We're pretty much the same team as last year except we've got a healthy Stafford (minus three games) playing instead of injured Stafford and Hill and Stanton. Yet we went from 6-10 to 10-5 and have had four comebacks of 17+ points.

In the end, I'm not going to complain because I'd rather be underestimated than overestimated, but when Stafford isn't suffering a stoner episode, he's fucking good. It helps to have a cyborg at receiver, but the kid can come through in the clutch when his index finger isn't broken.
Appreciate 0