View Single Post
      08-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
Spencer25
2015 M4 Coupe, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6; 2015 F25 M4 Demo

I have now brought my car into the service center twice to fix the defective driver's seat. I thought that they would fix this defect the next time I bring my car in; however, it will be the time before I return the car under the CA lemon law. I have brought my car in multiple times without it being fixed, and being returned to me with immense damage to it.

Below is a description of some of the damage to my car.
Driver's Seat leather damaged and needs to be replaced. Need entirely new drivers seat with leather and frame. Damage to leather on side bolster and back of seat. Defective seat frame.

Driver's chrome colored seatbelt covering (where belt connects to top of seat) damaged. Also was delivered with a gap and now the housing will not snap back together may be broken. New chrome covering at a minimum.

Leather side panel of center console on Driver's side extremely damaged. Need new leather panel as the leather is completely gashed.

Black plastic surrounding Driver's m6 lighted running board damaged with gash. Need new running board piece.

Driver's black plastic kick plate on the inside damaged. Leather piece connected to it also damaged. Need new plastic piece and leather panel.

Rear seat, driver's side leather side panel near armrest damaged. Need new leather panel as leather is gashed from removing the seat.

Rear seat, driver's side carbon fiber trim damaged directly above where leather is gashed. They must have scraped the seat along both.

Grease all over the inside of the car. (attached picture showing the grease on the SOS panel). Car came back filthy.

Passenger seat side bolster leather needs to be tightened correctly.

I am extremely disappointed and saddened by the damage that the service department caused. Why would I pay $140,000 for a new 2013 M6 when I could just buy a used one that has scratches and leather gashes for $90,000? I saw the damage before I even sat down in the car after I got my keys and waiting for it to be pulled up to the service drive. Did they expect that I wouldn't notice? How could they care so little about my brand new M6? I am shocked Irvine BMW just gave me the keys to my car and sent me on my way without telling me of all the damage.

My service advisor Gary said that they fixed the seat defect and no longer heard a squeak. The only thing is….the seat squeaks louder now than ever before! It starts making noise the sect you sit down and squeaks constantly as you drive down the road. This car is not a Honda civic, its a BMW M6. I have tried many times to get this problem fixed and I shouldn't be dealing with this for so long. Its embarrassing when I have passengers in the car, is annoying to drive with and may even be the root of a safety issue with the seat frame.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0