02-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #36
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Unfortunately as someone that has owned the e63 in two version since 2005, I have to call this a fail. I owned the 645ci for 3+ years, and now the M6 for 3+ years, and this is uninspiring, and the front end looks way too much like the F01 for my liking. As BMWs target audience, they lost my sale. And just as big of a concern as the design fail, is the overall size increase and weight increase, the e63 M6 was already big, and perhaps bigger than necessary, but adding yet an additional 308lb to the coupe means that this is even a bigger porker than mine, so thats another move in the wrong direction.
Add in the engine fail, and you have the trifacta, fail all around BMW, thanks for killing my M6!
Fair enough, but I'm someone who drove an E63 M6 with SMG and walked away unimpressed. The E60 M5 remains to this day one of the most shockingly fun cars I have ever driven, but the M6 didn't impress me the same way especially since the convertible was so much heavier. For me, the new car looks infinitely better (I like the presence and overall style of the old one, but almost all of the styling details strike me as ugly. The new one is a grand slam in my book) and it has way more punch in the midrange so while BMW may have lost your sale, they have gained mine. In theory, anyways, I'm not going to be in the market.
Appreciate 0