View Single Post
      03-15-2024, 09:19 AM   #10
nmirza
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Thanks Kamilo for the info. I had asked my garage to add that as a quotation and something I'll be ticking off my current list -

Rear Diff Bushes
Prop shaft bearing
Flex Disc
Engine Mounts
Transmission Mount

On Monday we are starting off with Prop-shaft bearing and flex disc.

However some interesting developments today. I had to pop to the shops this lunchtime and I started the car, put into Drive and handbrake down and the car wouldn't move. I have come across this issue before where I am assuming the handbrake/caliper was still engaged. So pull on handbrake again and put down but still no movement.

So risked by starting to throttle up awaiting for the clang as the handbrake/calipers let go.

As I was driving to the shops I am questioning whether or not I can remember, it feels like the car is not coasting as much as I remember? Even on downhill sections where normal automatics would coast at a steady speed, the car is losing speed.

When I returned and put the car into Reverse, it feels like the car is squatting a bit more than usual. So I tried shifting between Drive and Reverse a few times while stationary, there is a definite squeak at the rear. So I am guessing even with the new Discs and Pads, there maybe a faulty caliper or handbrake shoes?

Going to ask the garage to check the rear discs/pads/handbrakes etc. on Monday as well as changing over the Prop Shaft Bearing and Flex Disc.
Appreciate 0