southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78
Per andreo's suggestion, I contacted BMW directly but BMW NA to test my luck before BMW AG. They asked if I would like to file formal complaint against dealership which I declined b/c didn't want to cause anyone's job for minor inconvenience. Anyway, BMW NA called another dealer and formally introduced me over the phone to service manager and she seems enthusiastic about getting new account. She said that there is a programming recall on this car, so she will take care of that next week to see if that alleviates on going problem with drivetrain malfunction and hopefully oil burning.
Glad they're working it out for you.

On the topic of complaining about dealership problems... Apparently the surveys they send are a big deal and taken very seriously by the mother company.

I've been debating about commenting on the fact that they don't have loaners when my car's in the shop, which is a huge inconvenience to get someone to pick me up and drop me off. Sure, they have a shuttle service, but, pardon my snobbiness, but I didn't pay $100k to receive service offering glorified public transport as the only alternative. Last time I had a drivetrain malfunction, they told me it would be 3 weeks before they'd have a loaner available. What are my options? Wait 3 weeks and hope I don't have a problem (or worsen the problem) during that period or take it in and deal with the hassle. I obviously did the latter.

This brings me to my dilemma. I once put a less-than-perfect check in a box on a survey for something minor - didn't think much about it. Within 3 hours I received a call from my SA who was upset because that survey is her report card, and she wanted to know what she could do to make up for it. I told her to have the manager send me another survey and I'd give perfect marks. I really like my SA, and any problems I've had with the service department have more to do with management and the techs, so I hated to penalize her for such a minor thing.

To address the loaner situation, I'm thinking about writing a letter to the service manager and/or general manager. I hate to make a formal complaint at this point as I'd rather give them the chance to do something before I get on their black list for getting them into trouble with the big guys at BMW. I only have one dealer that is at all convenient, so my options are limited. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble - and I certainly don't want my nice SA to take the fall when it's hardly her fault - but I think the loaner situation needs to be addressed.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0