southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
so many adjustment possibilities that no way you can't find the right position!:
The 20-way seats seems a bit ridiculous, but the options are nice. It takes a while to fine tune all of the settings, but I just make small adjustments and set my memory buttons. It's amazing the difference a small change in the seat makes in your overall comfort. I found my shoulders to be slightly uncomfortable, so I tilted the upper back cushion the tiniest amount, and the shoulder pressure points were gone. I had a similar experience with the thigh support. I thought it looked weird being separated from the cushion so I avoided it, but it made a huge difference in the overall comfort. I really noticed the difference with the heated seat function enabled as I felt a lot more heat (and therefore seat) in contact with my legs.

I do agree that the car could use some additional padding and bulkier side bolsters. This is one of those prime examples of BMW "over-engineering." I'm happy overall and am willing to keep playing with it until I get it right. The seat could have half the settings and more soft padding and still be very comfortable, which is the case for a lot of car manufacturers.

The seats are a bit like iDrive and a lot of BMW's technology, whether it is iDrive, profiles, or even the electronic shift lever. These cars aren't get in and go vehicles for people who don't want to interact with their car. This insane amount of engineering and tech part of the reason why I chose a BMW - I like playing with and mastering the toys. iDrive is difficult to navigate if you aren't used to it, but once you play with it and know how many clicks to get from A to B, it is better than pretty much any other system fitted to a car.

I've completely gone off on a random tangent, but my point is that getting comfortable takes some time and tweaking to get there - just like most settings in the car (hence the need for the "profiles" feature - when it works properly...).

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the car is uncomfortable because you haven't tried hard enough to get there - I agree that the car could use some improvements on that front. I don't want my random commentary on BMW's tech and somewhat complicated settings to be interpreted as offensive.
Appreciate 0