07-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #40
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott

Exactly! Bottom line is that BMW thinks the M brand is better used to sell to ... Honestly? People like me.

I'm not going to the track, I don't care about "racing heritage", and you know what? I don't want my wife to complain about my hugely expensive lumber truck that can't haul lumber.

And BMW has figured out that my wife has a big say in my purchase. And that there are probably more of me than people who ... Want a mass-market production race car that they can drive to work? Uh what? Really? Is that what many of you are doing?

If you want a race car, build one. I bet BMW won't care if you put an "//M" on it.

If you won't or can't then be happy with your fun luxury street car like the rest of us.
What is it with people lately and their "BMW is better because it is softer and if you don't like it you can f$@k off" attitude.

Seriously the people complaining don't want race cars they just don't want overweight GT cars. They also want the cars to have more personality. They aren't asking for a car that is incapable of comfortably taking you or your wife to work every day.
Appreciate 0