04-28-2015, 12:45 AM   #94
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Jim, are you planning on keeping the Alpina wheels on? I am not a big aftermarket wheel guy, but I am also not sure if I really want these wheels. It could just be the bright silver finish that I don't like. Or that I have just got tired of seeing them on every Alpina car.

I did take an hour this morning to look at aftermarket wheels online, but got overwhelmed and just gave up. The hassle might just get me to keep the Alpina wheels on.
I'm not overly thrilled with the Alpina wheels either (too many spokes for my taste), but we tend to keep our vehicles stock. Lack of inertia likely will keep us from doing anything different on it.

BTW, today I learned that our car is in the paint shop, which usually occurs just prior to assembly. Unfortunately, I don't know if paint is being applied or whether primer is being applied (with Alpina doing the actual painting). I always thought the body panels came primed, which would mean that BMW paints the car (to answer your previous question), but I just don't know for sure.
Appreciate 0