JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Hi guys,
Just want to ask a question here. Do you guys have any engine oil issue?
Yes, I am pretty satisfy with my 650GC, it is luxury fast and provide me tractions no matter winter or summer because it is Xdrive. However, I just can't get pass on the engine oil top off issue. Whenever I am driving it, I am afraid of the engine oil warning will on. Just passed 6300kms but I have already had 3 times low engine oil warnings.
I know I am not driving a M car, so I rarely push it hard, even never done a full throttle,but it is just burning engine oil like drinking water. Even my dealer give me free engine oil top off always, but it just lets me feel annoying.
I hate to drive it to dealer always, and tell service guy " come on man, I ran out of my engine oil."
Maybe, this gonna be the best reason for myself to switch to M6 GC, if you guys don't experience the same thing.
It boils down too the first 50 miles of driving IMO.
The "Hard brake-in" has been controversial , but all who have used this method have cars which use little or no Oil.
I have used this on the following three cars: F10 550i M Sport : E90 M3: and now the F10 LCI M5. the first two NO oil used, this one at 2900 miles No Oil used.

Method, warm engine Oil fully then not exceeding 5.5K RPM work the engine in lower gears up and down letting the gearbox slow you down, you get the "suck and blow effect" on the rings which is what it needs to seal them early , repeat 10 or so times ( on empty roads) and then go by the book.
All should be good.