08-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #44
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS View Post
Yes, BMW doesn't charge anything for the extras

Besides, I actually went through "build your own" of each site and the Porsche comes out $2-3K more. Hardly significant when buying a $120K car. I would be more than willing to pay $2-3K more for Porsche's quality over any BMW.

Nonsense, but nice try. I never said BMW didn't charge for options. I guess I should have said their "build your own" website wasn't a complete cluster fuck like Porsche's.

AND it's nearly impossible to figure out what the hell you're getting.
1. All but crappy paint is extra.
2. Want decent wheels? A LOT more.
3. 12 seats options further complicated by color/leather quality options.
4. 6 packages and when you look for individual options half the packages must be cancelled, creating a nightmare of the trying to figure out the best way to just get the things you want on the car.

Compare a fully optioned M6 with a fully optioned 911s vert? I did. Selected a PDK tranny, but no exotic suspension or ceramic brakes and I was at $137K. $13K more.

So like others have said since my posting. 1) The REAL price of the 911 is far more that the price of the base car and has a delta unlike any other brand on the market. 2) They are different cars targeted differently that most people understand to include their makers.
Don't craft the inane ways they're similar and ascribe that to me to say they're the competitors, and then say they really are different, like I did. That's just moronic.

Last edited by BigHat; 08-10-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0