ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
I'm 6"3 the higher ride hight has a big role to play lol. Also the 5 series is a shrinking 7 series so it feels nice.. And the power of the 550xi (Mine has ECU tune) is wonderful! The way t delivers power makes it very usable, predictable and fun to drive everyday.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Give that you have both a tuned 550 and an M. Are they really completely different beast still in terms of daily duties? AWD is kinda of a must have here in NY and this is the only reason I'm not so gung ho about the M yet. Would someone wanting an M be satisfied with a tuned 550 for the sake of having awd? My cars dont see any track days either. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
If you don't track and like the occasional foot to the floor then 550xi with the JB or any tune (except Dinan) will make you very happy. The car has some serious balls. And honestly anything from 0-100mph zone it's really on par with an M5/6.

I am in NY and honestly out of the 12 months maybe 2 weeks out of the year are snow ridden lol. Still in terms of practical 550xi.
Appreciate 0