View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #97
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just glad that these three Bavarian automakers are making such great cars.

It pushes each of them to up the ante in each iteration of the car. MB opened the floodgates to the 4-door coupe, for which we F12/13 owners have much to thank for. Audi has made both MB and BMW step up their game in terms of interior decor and layout. And BMW's insistence of making well-balanced, good road handling cars has made both MB and Audi realize that everything isn't just about straight line acceleration or low-end torque, or even full-time AWD.

I know which car I like and am grateful there are 3 great choice out there.

Because bottom line is, very few people in this segment of the market will buy a car based purely on numbers alone, a significant portion of the reason we buy a car is the visceral emotional feeling that a particular car creates in us as we sit behind the wheel and take a curve like a bat out of hell.

I, for one, am hoping that the next generation CLS will be a kick-ass car, because that'll only make BMW work that much harder on the next generation 6 series, and that's can only be a good thing, because that's what I plan on getting next.

Last edited by BMWMilan; 02-03-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0