08-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
Lexxeech
1addict
Latvia
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S F56 (ahahah)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I got the chance to test-drive 640D Gran Coupe a week ago. What a machine! I liked it even more than 640D Coupe which I test-drove a year ago.

The interior is mind-blowing, even though this particular car wasn't one of those Individual ones that were used in the official Press Release and official press-drives. It had optional leather interior inserts and a set of basic extras, nothing mind-blowing, yet I still felt like a king driving it. There was enough space in the back as well, though getting out of the car can become a problem for someone very tall or not so fit.

Power delivery was so smooth and the engine noise was well-refined for a diesel, no matter how hard I've tried, I got up to 9.2l average, which should be around 25.5 MPG if my calculations are correct. Same thing I get on my F25 X3 3.0d.

The exterior was fine as well, boot is large enough to carry couple of large suitcases and noise-cancellation inside the cabin is great as well.

I've tried the car both inside the city and on highways, and the latter is where it really shines, just like it should. You enjoy every mile you drive this car, however the price is way too steep for me and I guess I'm way too young for the car at the moment. The one I drove had optional 20" rims and M-sport package, alongside the above mentioned leather interior, premium sound system (Harman Kardon Logic7), LED lights, 4-zone Climate Control and Comfort Access.

A great car and a sales-pitching review.
Appreciate 0