View Single Post
      07-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #72
Faust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Calibra, M3 (E46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
except that the 6 GC will probably start around $5K less than the CLS AMG, and the M6 GC will be $20K higher than the AMG...

I like the BMW, but its overpriced. and BMW has the 3 series handling down but when it comes to bigger cars I wouldn't say "definitely" better handling, the CLS is a hell of a machine! that said if they were priced the same I would take the BMW, but $15K can't be ignored.
Here in Europe the 6er GC will probably start at around 80-90K Euros ($110-120K) or more. Sigh! I don't really know whats up with pricing policy, it really doesn't make sense to price a product 20K above your direct competitors. But let's wait and see.

I still think BMW's handle better across the range though. The 5er handles better than the E-Class, the 7er better than the S-Class, etc. I guess it's where the focus of BMW is compared to MB that seem to focus more on ride quality.

I don't know about the current CLS model, but the previous one was largely based on the E-Class which frankly made driving it a bit dissapointing given it's sporty looks. Though the previous E-Class was a hell of a good passenger car.
Appreciate 0