View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #13
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

I second that the oil issue is random. The F02 750Li I just got rid of ate oil like mad driving around LA, and like southern6er I drive mostly on side streets. I drove that same car to Seattle, Houston, and NY on 3 separate trips and the car consumed maybe half a quart each way. I have 1000 miles on my 650 GC and the oil level has dropped a few bars on the iDrive gauge - but I won't top it off until it's a quart low. So I think driving style has a lot to do with the subjective nature of the N63 oil consumption issue. I will also second that this should not be seen as a deterrent from this motor. The power, sound and feel far outweigh the need to occasionally put oil into the motor. The 640 is not a car I have driven, but I used to lease a F10 535i - I also came from a E60 550i like you once had; I have to say there is a big difference. The N55 (as I've said before in other posts) is a fantastic motor with a pretty decent reputation - but keep in mind the I6 turbos have been known to have chronic High Pressure Fuel Pump issues - although my info is a tad out of date as to if this problem has been solved.
Appreciate 0