10-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
I've never had anything like this before either. As for the refueling, it may just be a coincidence but the last two times happened after I refueled. The first time I'm not sure. It has happened three times now. The sound comes from all the front speakers. I assume they are coming from the others as well. At first, I thought bugs were just hitting my windshield until it began to increase. When I went to turn the radio down to hear it better, the dial knob caused the static noise. I turned the radio off and it persisted. I believe that is because I just put it in a mute state. I do not believe you can actually shut it off completely. Rather it goes into a standby mode. It is going in next week for its 1200. It will be looked into then. Otherwise, I have no other issues.
Usually static like that is a grounding issue probably with the amp. Maybe a wire in the harness was crimped by accident and you are getting some interference. I've had similiar issues with aftermarket stereo installs and relocating the grounding point fixed it for me. Could even be an issue with the amp, which I hope that it's that because thats an easier fix. Just pluck and chuck for the dealer than to trouble shoot the endless cable runs in a high tech vehicle.