View Single Post
      10-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #75
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I agree with some of your points (and trust me, I don't like the Audi looks).
I agree that BMW doesn't seem to be focused on the 'ultimate driving machine' anymore because the market has moved away from that. They are just trying to keep up with the market, and as a result, loosing some pure enthusiasts.

To me, the 2013/4 gens seem like sporty Lexus'. Hell, in some comparisons the GS-F Sport got better ratings for 'driving feel' than the F10 5 series.

However, I do not agree that off the line traction is important for a BMW. Screw 0-60 times, I could care less. These are not 1/4 mile cars. It's good to have a fast 1/4 mile time because it's a measure of the power of the car, but I could care less to launch faster. I care more about how predictable the car is, how it feels, how it behaves in the curves, how quickly I can get on the gas pedal coming out of a corner and how easily I can modulate the throttle, etc.

I'm not buying a BMW to launch it from stop light to stop light. So off the line traction is not nearly as important as the feel of the car, the weight, predictability, etc.
Sorry a little late on my reply. I live in hot climate and believe the minute I put my pedal done at any speed up 3rd gear I lose traction or slip depending on what my setting is and this in a straight line or existing a corner. I did not have any of these issues with my E60.

I agree the application of power is more important than the amount and I wish they could deliver higher up in the rev range to make for smoother acceleration.
Appreciate 0