08-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #4
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
I was thinking of what to change to which has the luxury and power combined with great mpg and I can't think of anything that's on the market as present so I'll keep smiling until the new six comes out I guess.
I know exactly how you feel about this great car. I bought my 1 year old AUC 640i convertible in 2012 and was instantly delighted with it. Ok, the woolly steering is not its best feature but that's more than compensated in all other areas, especially long distance cruising comfort. I began to think of changing about 18 months ago, since when I've driven high end Audis, Mercs, A BMW 435 and a Porsche Macan. Some of these, the Macan in particular, handle and perform better, but nothing matches the overall satisfaction I get from the '6'.
So, I've given up trying to find anything better and have ordered a new 640i and I've added the Adaptive Drive option. I had this on my 535d and it transforms the ride plus sharpening up the steering.
Of course, I won't be getting anything like your diesel MPG but I average 30+ in mine and thats fine by me. I don't thing you buy a car like this if you're concerned about fuel consumption!
Appreciate 0