10-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
Jalal28
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
nice price, so you can buy this for just over invoice.

I wonder how much they're willing to do (% over invoice) if I elect:

cash purchase
no trade
minimum options
I wouldn't go into any dealership expecting to pay 2% over invoice. I think I was just incredibly lucky.

From a timing perspective, I ordered this thing back in April before there was a lot of information out on the car. Don't think the BMWUSA.com configurator was even functioning properly when we first priced the thing out. I can specifically tell you the noted destination charge was $895 at the time (now $925).

Not sure the dealer thought they'd even sell any of these things with the M5 sitting right beside it, doing practically the exact same thing, for $20K less. Actually went in there shopping the 550i and the X6 50i, so at the time they were probably excited about the up-sell.

Pretty sure the dealer wants to rip up my paperwork as we speak, but what's done is done.

Full disclosure, at my MSRP the first price they offered was $125,750. I only actually negotiated down $750 (on principle) and shook his hand before he could take it back! Funny thing is, my wife actually wanted me to continue to shop the price to make sure I got the best deal... I placed calls just to see, but no one else even came close.

5 more days...

Last edited by Jalal28; 10-11-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0