View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #32
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am not understanding what reviews you were looking at for last generation M6. Because most all comparisons claimed it was a fat pig when compared to the P cars. The previous generation M6 was no light weight sports car when in reality it was a heavy GT car with cramped back seats. The difference between new m6 is more capable then the last one all the while being more luxurious. I believe BMW is trying to compete against CL 63Amg and Bentley coupe rather then P cars.

That is why you will be seeing more raw performance like the 1M in smaller series like the next 1M, 2M and even M3/M4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Everyone keeps saying this is NOT a sports car which is true but-with everything he said in that test, especially about the car wanting to be "gently guided" through twisty mountain roads, I feel that is the purpose of the non-M 550i car. A smooth handling luxury cruiser with plenty of pull when needed.

Previous M6/m5 was tight, aggressive and handled extremely well in corners. Weighed in at 3800 pounds and was a night and day difference over the 650.

Other than buying it for the M-badge, I don't see why you would buy this 100k plus m6 for gentle cruising which is clearly what it does best.

430hp in the regular 650i vert will offer all the luxury and ride comfort and straight line pull.

I am afraid that its going to be a tougher sell to sell the M line when they are not nearly as much of a departure from the regular cars than before.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0