View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #23
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah View Post
Considering the M6 convertible/coupes actual competition is now the Bentley GT V8 convertible and coupe, CL63 and SL63 it's weight is not bad at all. With the exception of the newly designed SL the M6s are lighter than the others. When compared to the Jags and Astons it's heavier yet *performs better and comes with more bells and whistle than are even offered on the two respective brands.

I really don't think BMW has "lost their way" or "are on the wrong path". I think BMW has decided to move into a market that they previously ignored. This fact seems to be hard to swallow or understand for some people. They offer quite a few sedans and coupes in the Z, 1, 3 and upcoming 4 range that meet or exceed sportscar "performance". Seriously, look at the Audi R8 v8 vs the e92 BMW M3 if you don't know what I mean. The M6 is not a track car but if you put it on a track against its competitors I bet you it'll do very well.
So in other words then, save a crapload of your money, and buy a 640d M-Sport instead.
Appreciate 0