01-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #57
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKABBA View Post
OK, I admit my post was a rant (no excuse, only 37yrs old) and I had the privilege to get mods done before others because my M6 was one of the early ones.

Mr. Karim, I LOVE what you did with your car, and love the Orange colour (was my first pick but the woman thought it was too showy - compromise was my blue exterior with an orange interior ;0)

Only thing that truly bothered me were your HP claims, and the vanity plate (yes, that too is a personal choice). Its easy to get excited and carried away with new mods with nominal back-up, but on such a sophisticated forum as this one, you need real back-up (don't think I'm the first to point this out to you).

I too, look forward to your dino runs to see if the $500 tune and the fancy plate are worth it
Plate number "EARLY M6" is free

My first pick was the alpine white, but I decided to go with something different this time.

$500 is worth it, and here is why:
I used to own f01 750xi, got a $20,000 Dinan stage 5 (ECU, exhaust, inter coolers, intake). Later, I dynoed my car, 416 WHP is all I had on my 7, after 5 expensive stages. My friend had a BMS stage 1 installed on his 750 (just a piggyback, and stock parts), he got 436 whp as a result with no issues! (I had lots of drivetrain malfunction issues after).
BMS costed around $350 back then, so he really saved a lot..
$20,000 = 416whp
$350 = 436whp

I admire BMS since then

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0