11-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #234
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is great news!! Looks like your patience and determination has paid off. I'm glad this situation has finally started improving for you.

Now you go out there and find a new toy! I'm excited for you. You have one hell a "blank check" to play with. If I were in your shoes, I would be putting in an order for a brand new X6M... I know not everyone is a fan of the X6, but this is my current (affordable) dream car.

Whatever you end up driving, I hope you rack up plenty of safe and fun filled miles for years to come.
Thanks Samurai, I'm so glad that it is over! I was getting drivetrain malfunction again on the last night I took my gf out for a short drive. A great way to remind me why I should not miss the car.

Yeap, new X6M looks nice, but somehow I find current gen X6 more charming. I still love 6er tho, and I feel like I didn't really get to use it to full potential with all the on/off problems. May be I can wait to see what updates they do to the car with mid cycle refresh. However, my gf is pretty upset with the whole thing, so I got some convincing to do. Plus, she finally gets to park her roadster inside the garage now, not sure she will give up her spot easily, lol. The rep that manages the buy back process, he was surprised that the car didn't have soft close door and trunk. He asked, where is the button to close the trunk? I hope they figure out how to have that feature in MY16. I was looking into parts to retrofit soft close door but glad I didn't bother. They wouldn't reimburse for that.

While I was waiting for my gf to pick me up, I saw i8 at the dealer. I walked over to look at the car. The sales guy ran over and said, no no, this car has $100k mark up. Won't even let me open the door. He acted as if I was about to grab his balls and squeeze them. He said, this is a collectible item, limited 3 years production only. So, I told him that i8S is coming out, what's the big deal with this i8. He said he hasn't heard of it.
Appreciate 0