View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #110
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolitto View Post
Funny how some so-called BMW fans refuse to admit how fast the new M6 is.

First of all, BMW underrated its engines, especially the M versions. So the M6 is no joke and boasts around 600 hp at the crank, something to reconsider before watching the tube and saying Nisso GT-R this, Nisso GT-R that.

Secondly, if you check on www.m5board.com how the new M6 took the lead from Ferrari 458 Italia despite the facts that it started fraction of a tenth of a second earlier BUT had lots of wheel-spin.

Thirdly, if both cars are to be modified extremely, Nissan stands no chance. In 1980, the BMW M10 1.5 litre turbo-charged engine produced around 1,500 hp, numbers that no car manufacturers or tuners until now have done.

Conclusion: respect to BMW engines!

OK So you want to look at the M5board results with the 458, but not look at the M5board video that I posted below with the M5 racing the older 485hp GT-R?

Switzer does a 1000hp daily driver GT-R and a race GT-R at 1400hp. These are mass produced DAILY DRIVING ENGINES. I believe the M10 with 1500hp that you are talking about was a F1 engine and not a daily driving engine. This is a huge difference as that M10 engine with 1500hp is only good for a single race and then it has to be rebuilt.
You are talking a whole new ball game and it isn't even fair to mention a F1 engine to compare with daily driving car engines.
BMW M6 modded can't come close to a modded GT-R.

That said BMW does build very good engines, but you have to give credit where it is due and the Nissan GT-R engine is as good and robust as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
I am not calling you a liar. What I am saying with the dragtimes.com numbers which are actual timed races at a dragstrip with dragstrip receipts so these are not magazine numbers. These are what people actually did in the quarter mile. From looking at those times the majority of the GT-R's posted was faster than the M6 and we are talking about 1second difference here. So it wasn't that close. So even from a roll it would have been much closer than what your first video looked like.
That brings me to the conclusion is that either there is something wrong those two GT-R's or those guys didn't know how to drive etc. I am not saying you are a liar. That is the conclusion from valid timeslips.
What I am saying you may have won but saying that the M6 in general is faster than the GT-R is insane. GT-R has been shown to run with 911turbo's all day and unless you are saying that you can beat a 911turbo than I think your videos are exception rather than the norm.

That said you are correct that you beat a GT-R no matter what anyone else says even though there are many reasons why you won, but congratulations in the end.

Lastly here is a video run by the M5board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0

That M5 didn't pull away from the GT-R like you did in the video.
This is run by the M5board so no biases towards the GT-R that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Oh tanks for the video proving my point. The M5 clearly keeps up with the GTR proving 2 points:

1) If a gtr can do 258 on 1000m then CLEARLY the M5 can too.
2) If a M5 can run side by side with a GTR then a M6 will kill it because M6 is 150kg lighter than M5.

Have you seen new M5 vs new M6, the M6 kills it!

Do you know that a GTR without launch controls does NOT do 2.9sec 0-100 more like 4 seconds?

How about a M6 vs GTR without launch in the wet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Im done commenting on all your "paper facts", bring your GTR, simple, 123 done. Then you dont have to post 10 000 reports. If you win then well done, If I win, what will the excuse be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
I'm done talking to someone whose argument is so patently flawed and littered with such inaccuracies that when faced with an alternate viewpoint (the 530 bhp GT-R race from a roll) that does not correspond to the outcome you hold to be true, your defense mechanism amounts to nothing more than a pissing contest,instead of responding using logic and reason.

Good day to you.
Topspeed this guys video is just a marketing campaign for him to sell his car for more money.
If the video showed that the GT-R was slowly giving up ground at the last part of the race I would have believed the video as most likely the M6 has higher gearing, but from that first video the M6 pulled away from the GT-R like it was standing still and that is just pure BS. The second video is more accurate but still should be closer until you get to about 200+ then the M6 will pull away slowly.

Last edited by ToyotaBMW; 02-12-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0