Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCoupe View Post
SuperSpeed:

Too bad it is so quiet. I really enjoy hearing the German V8s when they raise their voices. I expect I will be even less able to hear the engine music in my new coupe.

I have been surprised to see the car delivered with the new Dunlop 2nd Gen run flats. You didn't mention them, but others have stated they've been pleased. Did your car come with them? Any thoughts about tires?
GC:

Traditionally the Inline6'es from BMW are even smoother and quieter than the V8's. I think the character of your engine probably suits the car better.

I once had a Porsche 928 S which was very quiet inside. So when passing rocksides or in tunnels I used to open a window to have the engine sound reflected back.
This could be a solution also for you if the Germans have done too much engineering

Yes my car is fitted with the Dunlops. Only one thing to say: They are perfect. Stable and sticking to the surface under any conditions, no matter how poor the road is or how sharp the turns are.
Because of the low profile (35 and 30) you can feel it when driving over small stones or poorly repaired asphalt. No tyre can absorb that with such a profile. I don't see it as a problem either.

Any news about delivery?

Last edited by Superspeed; 09-16-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0