02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #241
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
The GT-R is a sportscar designed for the track. Its stiffer, rougher...etc. But it is much faster in terms of handling and acceleration. The M6 is a GT car meant for fast cruising and comfort with better built quality and prestige. Just because they are both roughly in the same price category with two doors doesn't mean they are comparable. Its like comparing a Bentley GT to an F458. It doesn't make any sense. As much as I love the GT-R, it is not THE car to be measured against everything else. Christ.
Couldn't say it better. This new M6 is everything that the GT-R isn't, the kind of things that the GT-R doesn't even intend to be, so please no need for pointless comparisons or I am gonna start comparing it with my 1M, after all they probably have more in common

Back to topic: it is one of the best looking M cars, especially the coupe and with that stunning color. Standing out are the roof, aggressive front and quality smelling gorgeous interior (with the slight exception of the sat nav screen maybe, not a fan). Not so standing out is the so-so rear design, doesn't follow the rest of the car and reminds the old M6 which was not really good looking from any angle, more so from the rear. IMO, it might be wiser to wait and see the M Gran Coupe for potential buyers who are not in a hurry.
Appreciate 0