quaker_31
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Coupe

Garage List
UK MY 2014 M Sport Gran Coupe - Black Sapphire / Ivory Review/Q&A

Picked this up

Only couple of photos - have a friend who is a photographer -when I visit him next month- will get proper photos done! Though if there is any specific photos/videos you want me to take in the meantime- I'm willing to do so!

This is the 640d m Sport 6 GC - in Black Sapphire, with Ivory DAKOTA leather.

Added 20", Full LEDs, Surround View

Exterior - Really long car with a very aggressive nose- seeing it in real life has to done as photos dont really give you the impression this car makes - more sports than sedan.
Tacky M badge stuck on the sides, hate it. Spoils the look of the side view a teeny bit. Apart from that - car exudes aggression.

Interior - Dakota leather doesn't feel premium and soft as nappa - however it will def take a beating. Tan footwells seem a bit 1980s, but you get distracted by the huge amount of leather EVERYWHERE! With gorgeous contrast stitching. Plenty of real usable space for all 4 passengers. The screen is a masterpiece - best ICE I have seen with very quick movement (bar parking sensors picking up obstacles!). Road noise is very minimal!

Engine- Lot of pull, throughout all gears (haven't red lined it obviously). Though there isn't a "bite" as such. Speed but doesn't illicit fear (for good or bad- your choice). This view may change once I put a few k on it. Doesn't seem to be thirsty at all

Drive - Very smooth and stable. Though London roads do give it a smack every now and then. Not as bad as other low slung sports cars I have driven. Having the 20" doesn't help I suppose - though surprisingly not much road noise coming from the wheels either.

Best small thing - The surround view is amazing, have played with similar in Audi, however this takes some beating. A must have if you live in a city!

Worst small thing - No powered boot! - Closing the boot is annoying unless you want to get fingers all over it. Use it's handle and you need good strength, flexibility and reflexes to pull it down, move your hand out the way and then move your body out the way so you dont get sprayed by the rain water that pooled on top.

So far nothing bad, hopefully will add a further review as I get to know the car.

If you have any questions or requests please ask -

Also if you are or know anyone that is a BMW coder in the London Area then please do tell me

UPDATE
Attached Images

Present - 2013 6 GC M Sport / 2010-2013 - '08 Audi A5 SE
2008-2010 - '59 BMW 118 M-sport / 2006-2008 - '03 BMW 318 M-Sport
2002-2006 - '95 Mercedes C220/ 2000-2002 - '92 Mercedes W201

Last edited by quaker_31; 09-27-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 0