View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

That video is very annoying …..mainly because us M6 owners (driving BMW's most expensive car) don't get some of the great technology thats available further down the range. That video is specifically demonstrating adaptive high beam assist (note…not adaptive lights, because adaptive high beam is a different thing). It's a feature only available on 3 and 5 series - it's an utter farce that they don't fit it to the 6. Yep, they've fitted it to the 3 (despite not needing an LCI facelift to do so), have fitted to the LCI 5 but nothing on the 6. Adaptive LED's on the 6 only get the basic on and off function I'm not bitter about it….no, not at all

It's much the same with iDrive touch….I've just bought an M135i for the missus which has this feature, but it's nowhere to be seen on my 2014 M6. Outrageous.

As for the brightness of our (basic ) lights, I've never been flashed yet and I even asked the dealer to set my dipped beam to the highest legal limit, as I tend to find dipped beams set too low from the factory. The lights themselves are great, until I see them automatically dip in their rudimentary on-off manner…so annoying when I know how good they could have been
Appreciate 0