View Single Post
      12-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
JNMiller
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Just dumped my 2014 435i coupe and left with a 650i Gran Coupe and took delivery about a week ago. I cannot yet comment on reliability of the 650i though it does have the newer motor so I am hopeful.

I was keen on getting out of the 435i due to reliability problem I experienced since the first year. Fuel pump replaced twice in the first two years. All injectors replaces, I think twice as well. They had to change the spark plugs each time too. They had the car for a month when the transmission was skipping gears. It’s was as is second gear didn’t exist and went to neutral instead. Had it for another month and a half when it startiled going to limp mode repeatedly. Two weeks after getting it back it started to struggle with a loud rubbing from the car starting off from a stop.

Any of these cars can have issues. Make sure you have a warranty to cover them, but go with the one you will enjoy the most. If your true goal is ultimate reliability you may want to look outside of the BMW family unfortunately.
Appreciate 1