View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I listened to the B&O and it sounds great, but I haven't heard the premium so I don't really know if I would be able to tell much of a difference. I seriously based my decision just on looks, I think it makes the interior more unique.

If the discount keeps getting greater, then yes you should keep waiting for the Idrive. If it's $300 added per month that is $1500 more by March. Considering you are not going to be a bmw financial customer, I am not sure the December incentives will be any better.

You are much more patient than I am, I was going to wait for the new Idrive and then couldn't help myself and placed an order at the end of September. After talking to bimmerretrofit it seems like they should have a retrofit in less than a year.
I have taken my test drives in premium equipped 650's and the last one I brought a CD to really test it. It honestly sounded great. I obviously can't compare to the B & O since I have never seen one. The looks are superb, and that's what makes it hard to resist on it's own. I think the year end incentives are going to be good - Jon Shafer certainly thinks so. As I can likely add them to USAA program, worth waiting.
And on the IDrive, what's the deal on a idrive retrofit? I mean the new system has all new hardware- what are they telling you for cost & complexity
to retrofit?
Appreciate 0