Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
Jon,

The power diesel with its high torque suits everyday driving better than the petrol engines. I can clearly understand your choice.

None of my previous cars had electric steering, so the F12 represents a new era. And I don't feel any big difference in handling and response. I ordered the active steering which also involves the rear wheels. This makes the car very stable through curves, but also gives a smaller turning circle than most compact cars (better than my Mini). It does not wizard the car into the perfect city commuter, but it helps a lot.

When it comes to chassis options I ordered the full package which I do not regret. This is a must unless your driving arena is limited to city shopping and kindergarden. It gets the best out of the car and really show the potential in a modern fine tuned chassis.
Thanks Superspeed,
The F12 I drove had AD/VDC as does my current F10; I completely agree that it's one of the car's best features and will definitely be ordering it for my F12.
My test car didn't have the active steering and, as some reviewers have commented, I found the on-centre feedback to be lacking and feeling somewhat detached - very much like my F10.
It's not bad enough to put me off the car and I'm very encouraged to read your favourable comments on the active steering. My dealer said he'd source a test car with this option and I'm really hopeful that it'll transform the car for me. I'll let you know what I think when I've driven it.
Appreciate 0