View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #102
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit View Post
There is no way to account how much any one person values brand cache.

For example, by all accounts (numbers wise) the GTR is an equal or "better" car than the 911 C4S, but the 911 is easily priced about 30k more than the GTR.

Same is true with the base Vette and base 911, i.e., numbers wise the Vette matches up to the 911 line by line, but the Porsche is about 2x as much as the Vette, yet just about everyone will prefer a Porsche.

Is the Porsche brand cache worth anywhere from 30k to 50k? That's an individual question to which there is no "right" answer.
As much as what you are saying is totally true and I agree with you but what I am saying is for the knowledgeable the RS and AMG cars should have a higher prestige/cache. We aren't talking Corvette and Porsche here. We are talking Audi and AMG cars which are hand assembled by their custom division. Only the people who wants to be brand whores won't know that the AMG and RS cars aren't superior in quality/parts and materials, and craftsmanship, not to mention exclusivity which this segment most likely also look at. Lastly resale for the AMG and RS cars should be superior just like the M6 will be as they are more exclusive.
Please don't look at it that I am putting your vehicle down, but look at it from an enthusiast and unbiased stand point that the 650i is a awesome vehicle that is just overpriced when compared to the competitors.
Appreciate 0