View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #4
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I've done my fair share of complaining about the lack of a power trunk over the last 2 years (both on these forums and to BMW). I'm used to it now and have nailed the motion to get it to latch the first time without looking like an idiot. I use the right grip hole and pull down and back with my right hand. I don't use the left because I'm right handed, my watch is on my left (worried about scratches), and I once yanked out the light on the left side in the process of pulling it shut.

While I have gotten it down to a science, it is still pretty embarassing when the soccer mom in her Honda Odyssey next to me gracefully pushes a button to close the back while I'm standing behind my $100k Bimmer slamming the trunk praying I don't (a) smash my hand, (b) scratch the paint, or (c) pull it too softly so the damn thing pops back open.

I think the convertibles close more easily with the aid of gravity whereas the coupe has the stiff pop up mechanism working against us.

There are a couple videos on my YouTube channel (link is in the signature) showing the trunk operation if you're interested.
Appreciate 0