View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #31
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm
You're taking me too literally, what I said was partly ironic, and I never implied that an M6 would outperform a 640d, but my literal argument is this:

If you're espousing and endorsing BMW's stance that the M6 is targeting a different audience to traditional M-buyers, and is veered more as a super-GT, then why go through the expensive pain of acquiring and running one, when arguably the ultimate GT in the range would be the 640d which has supercar performance with hatchback economy? And you can add the M-Sport and or/ the optional active damper package for an edgier drive?

I've sensed BMW drivers/owners (of which I'm one) are slightly lacking in humour and react quite strongly to the feintest whim of criticism.

I think you're getting a little emotional. It was not a strong or angry response I simply responded to your comment. If you meant it as some form of humor a smiley face would help denote that since no one on the Internet can see your face or hear your voice in order to detect your intentions.
Whether you meant it as figurative or literal you used the same scenario in both of your post, 640d vs M6. Whats the pain of aquiring and running a M6 over a 640d, cash, gas mileage ? If you cant afford it dont buy just that simple. I don't consider a 640d the ultimate 6 but i guess you do and thats fine. I consider the M6 the ultimate 6 and that is the reason the M6 is offered. Your definition of ultimate is different from the next mans definition of ultimate. To me there's no comparison and my initial comment to you still stands. All of these "super" GT cars have variable model trim levels, why would BMW not. Mercedes has the CL550, CL63 & CL65. Bentley has the GT v12, v8,(and convertibles of each) & soon the "Speed" and both have variations within them similar to BMWs M performance.
With that being said, I still don't understand your point figuratively or literally.
Appreciate 0