View Single Post
      12-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Well, I'm not gonna be negative to bash the PPP or any tuner and I'm not against the tuning, but I want to know how safe this tuning is! Talking about safety I'm not talking about how much skill the driver has to control the car at that speed. I'm referring to the safety of car at that speed. For example, are DCT and engine components (ie HPFP) rated to work properly at that speed? or tires! I know our tires are rated to (Y) which is 186+ mph, but how much? I tried to search over the internet and couldn't find the clear answer, but most of the answers are referring to less than 200 mph! Or other components like differential, brakes,... I know the M driver package (which is not offered in US) in Europe, removes the basic speed limiter (155 mph), but put the speed limiter at 186 mph (almost 300km/h) and maybe it's because of tire rating... anyways this car is designed by professional BMW Engineers and if they put high secure codding on ECU to make it hard to be broken and reprogrammed, for sure there is an important reason that BMW does not wants to take the liability of high risk speed limiter removal!
It's good to have speed limiter removal for race track or some straight line measurement but 340+ km/h??? I think it's just useful for people who want to say they have the fastest M5/M6 in the world!!!
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0