Thread: 1/4 Mile Times
View Single Post
      11-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Roadrage
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

1/4 Mile Times

Yesterday was my first time at a 1/4 mile track and yes it was harder than I expected. In the process I learned a lot about the car and thanks from the help from member M6 Beast who was coaching me through via cellphone,lol. I was hoping to be part of the 10 secs club but as you can see not so easy. The car perform well but it was me not having the experience and making mistakes. I only posted the two best times out of five, first past of the day was 11.6 @127 mph but when I was at 1/8 mile mark I did not shift in enough time at redline. At that point everything was in sports plus mode, toyos proxies R888 315/30/20, and dsc on. Another mistake I did not burn out tires to warm up, well I did not do it properly. M6 Beast made suggestions that I should try such as trying taking off dsc do a few runs not worrying about time just get the feel of the car and track. Then gave me the steps to a proper burnout, in the burnout box with car in manual mode hit the gas with dsc off causing wheels to spin as your rpm goes up click it in second, you will then feel tires hooking hit it in third while you roll out little to track. It worked perfectly had no problem with traction car took off like a jet and remind you this is my first time ever driving as well with dsc off. End results was a 11.3 @ 123 mph.