10-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #225
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Great attitude ! Yep these things happen when you mod . Can't wait to see your kit . BTW are your catted AMS DP's remaining rattle free ? I'm trying to decide between them and the Supersprint catted . The SS has much better 200 cell HJS cats and stock O2 locations but cost sig more . I've always been very pleased with SS quality and fitment though , I.e my E63 M6
SS headers were a work of art and made a legit 50 whp.

Yes, I am rattle free.. ended up just being a donut gasket that sits in between the exhaust and downpipe. Easy fix and no more rattles in the slightest. I posted a couple option for longer O2 sensors which takes care of the problem and they are from the same OEM company. AMS is also coming out with longer sensors and will include them in every purchase of their downpipes. As far as placement of the O2 sensors being further down AMS said they put it there for a more accurate reading with the added airflow they didn't want to put the sensor close to the cats. I don't think you can go wrong with the SS downpipes. They make excellent products so whichever you decide to go with I'm sure you will be happy with the results as I am with mine. Let me know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Those wheels look really good Hunter, love the stance. Personally, I don't think it needs a drop but then you guys over that side of the pond are always more aggressive with your drops! Hows the ride on the 21's?

Looking forward to seeing the spoiler on the car!

Thanks man....the pics I take are good as to not show the car sitting high but I assure you it needs 3/4 drop for sure. I'm not one to be slammed or anything like that so believe me if it didn't need it I wouldn't do it. As far as ride quality with 21's...they honestly ride like my 20's and I didn’t notice a difference after first driving it. I was expecting a nightmare or a rough ride but it's totally fine. I was pleasantly surprised. These cars can handle bigger wheels much better than previously thought. The ride can be a little rough on the stiffest suspension setting but not much more than the 20's... so for me....being someone who was against going 21's for the performance and comfort aspects I have no regrets and see no loss in performance... granted my 21's are very light and this plays a huge factor because even the wrong 20" wheel can feel and make the car seem heavier in many ways.
Appreciate 0