09-27-2016, 05:13 AM   #31
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
I don't think it's a too much of a big job; the hardest part is maybe the wiring: you have to connect the touch control unit to the touch controller wiring. In my case luckily I always save whatever spares remain after I finish a job so I had a connector that fit perfectly on the control unit and just had to tap the wires to the controller's end; otherwise some welding would be needed.

Then to access the controller you need to remove 4 panels (2 on each side), the wood trim that surrounds the gear shifter and finally the leather-trimmed piece that houses the controller. Codingwise you need to change 4 values; those are available on "the other forum"...I saw you posted there today, it's at the beginning of that same thread. credit to Milkyway!
As well as changing those values, you also need to add CAFD files and recode the NBT_HU and Combox. Otherwise your car will have error codes sitting in the background.

I've done this retrofit and it is excellent. If anyone in the UK needs help getting this done, shoot me a pm
Appreciate 0