Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz View Post
That was me. Yes, the camera motor (in the 6) occupies the same volume as the pull down motor (in other BMWs). No pull mech, no power lid.

Could BMW have come up with a completely different powered system or nixed the hidden camera - sure. Did they - nope. These questions I cannot answer.

What I can say, is now that I have this in My M5, I really like it. But a dirty wet backup camera lens is useless, so there is a trade off.
^^ This + adding another one or two DC motors will add more weight for a car already has so much complains about over weight...
Curious to see what BMW will do with the redesign of the 6 series. Will they keep the rear camera design the same or finally give the car a power open/close trunk OR figure out a way for both. I guess time will tell.... I'm guessing in about 3yrs from now we'll have our answer. Truthfully, I'll be happy without a power trunk if they shave a few hundred pounds of weight by using some of the carbon fiber architecture that's being used on the upcoming 7 series.
Appreciate 0