View Single Post
      12-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #73
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Car design is subjective, heck it's my job and have to deal with this stuff every day.

Just like women we all have differen tastes on what appeals to us. I own both Audi and BMW and like both for certain reasons and certain elements of design.

However I still think audi's gauge cluster trumps bmw's, as I think bmw's cluster looks cheap I like what audi has done with theirs, theirs depth and i like the screen they have in the center. the BMW's is to flat but that's just my opinion. Driving with the night vision is fun.

Also I like the front of the a7 one of audi's best front ends. I like the side of the BMW but feel at least the 7 has its own rear personality, the 6 looks to similar to the rest of the range in the rear as the new 3 has the rear that looks to close to the 5.

To say either car is ugly is harsh as each is a work of art, of both design and engineering. What a lucky time we live in to be able to enjoy such masters in engineering as I look at the cars around me that we're built just a decade ago and what a difference. quality of build and materials are amazing, and BMW is finally stepping up their game in their interior build quality and material but Audi still has the upper hand in that arena. We just recentley did a tear down and benchmarking of the new BMW 7 series and Audi A8 and the quality of the A8 parts where better engineered in the details but not by much.

Sorry felt like talking ........ Signing off.
Appreciate 0