View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #52
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by specific-software View Post
I will definitely post an update. I assume this time it will take about 2 months though, they added 2qt of oil last week. So I guess the minimum oil level warning will pop up after around 1500-1600 miles.

Btw, I never paid for the oil at my dealer. I also wouldn't mind paying for it but what's more annoying is the time I always have to spend to go there. Easily 1.5 hours each trip
Thanks. I really appreciate that. You are the second person who told me that you did not have to pay for the oil. I didn't care the first time I had to pay, the second time I was a little disappointed to hear I have to pay again, and now I am frustrated to know that i will have to drive all the way out there, to pay them for oil once again. It would seem that we both are burning through a quart of oil every 700-900 miles or so. I could be wrong, but I never thought that would be a "normal" thing for such a high end car... or ANY car for that matter...

When I had to pay for oil the second time, I asked my SA, "why would I have to pay for oil for a car that is supposed to be covered under the manufacturer's warranty that clearly states, $0 maintenance...?" He told me that it doesn't cover oil top offs, only scheduled maintenance. That actually made sense to me, but now this has become a huge inconvenience to have to go out of my way to drive to the service center, then pay for a quart of oil.

When they ask me to pay for the third quart tomorrow morning when I go there before heading to work, I'm gonna ask the SA should I stop bringing the car in once a month for a quart of oil, let the engine run on low oil until it explodes, and then have the car towed in at the expense of BMW and then let them fix the car for $0 maintenance at that time!!