Thread: 2013 m6 rebuild
View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 10:17 PM   #5
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

SahkirMVI, I just picked up a 2014 F02 Alpina B7 that had a LOT of broken parts on the front end, and had a choice to either "fix", "replace" or do nothing. Broken plastic can be easily repaired with a kit similar to this. This $32 kit will not repair rubber parts that sometimes look like plastic. These rubber trim pieces can be repaired but require wire stitching, and rubber cement.

While initially the cost of a LOT of plastic parts almost deterred me from going with new BMW OE on such an old car, I went ahead and bought OE from a dealership, online, from Texas. They insure the shipment (for free), and there is no state sales tax. Shipping is very, very reasonable. Here is the link. So I balanced between repair, used eBay or new BMW parts.

You can follow my forum thread here.

It really come down to what you plan to do after you complete the restoration/repair. I plan to keep my car, and so spending the extra dough for "new" was the right choice. But you need to decide if "recycling" from eBay is a better choice (and helping the Planet stay Green, is a good thing).

Keep us posted, with pictures, with your progress.....and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 03-18-2024 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0