02-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #20
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I had a 3 (F30)...design and everything else pretty much like the 4 with the exception of 4 being a bit wider and lower...that's seriously just about it!
So I would never buy a 4...
I would however move up to 6 provided:
1) I could afford the 6
2) the 6 wasn't going to be outdated in 1-2 years;
So What I would do, if I were you (assuming you have a 4 already), is keep my 4 now as it is the newer Gen of BMW at least and move up to 6 when the new Gen (G chasis) comes. That's me talking of course...opinions are different...
my problem is, I can't pay for a $120K vehicle (6) knowing that it will be outdated in less than 2 years...because while I'm still heavily paying interest and installments on this 6, a new G gen 6 will pass by me in 2017...and that my friend, is a heavy picture I am not willing to paint!
That's why they offer lease programs.. Keeps you in a new car every 3 years and you are paying lower payments than owning one outright. It works for me cause I don't want to buy cars, I want to lease them and give them back, either way you're spending the money so why not do it in a brand new model every time? A car should never be looked at as an investment.
Appreciate 0